Student Activities Committee
Learning Classes (page updated periodically)
+ About the program:
+ Webinars series #1 “Knocking RAS doors” :
Series #1: discovery of some of important RA titles.
|Title||Some details||Lecturer||Time and date||Notes|
|Robotics Changes Life||
Angelos will discuss more about How Robotics will change your life,
this webinar is hosted by Students Activities Committee (SAC) of
Robotics and Automation Society at IEEE. This webinar shows how
students are interested in Robotics conferences, the webinar is in
All students are invited.
|Jan 20th 2012 @16:00 GMT||Webinar download|
Introduction on Robotics And Automation
||A new way to find meaning of Robotics and Automation and what is the difference between them.||Prof. Alicia Casals||
May 24, 2012 @16:00 GMT
|Cooperative Multi-robot Systems||The webinar starts by introducing multirobot systems highlighting their applications, benchmark problems, organizational paradigms and challenging aspects. The concepts of cooperation will be explained starting by highlighting the cooperative behaviors between living things in order to understand and learn how to imitate these behaviors in artificial systems. The seminar also provides a comprehensive study of different concepts related to cooperation from socio-cognitive perspectives such as social interactions, reciprocal cooperation, individualism and collectivism and personal orientation. Understanding these concepts has been source of inspiration for many theories of cooperation between artificial agents.||Prof. Alaa Khamis||
July 11, 2012 @16:00 GMT
|Sensors selection||Calling lecturer..||June 23, 2012|
|General robotics Motion Planning||Calling lecturer..||July 6, 2012|
|Focus on Humanoids motion planning||Calling lecturer..||July 24, 2012|
|Underwater Robots||Calling lecturer..||August 7, 2012|
|Human-Robot Interaction||Calling lecturer..||August 21, 2012|
|Human-Robot Interaction||Calling lecturer..|
Webinars series #2 “RA Egypt chapter” *:
Series #2: RAS supporting new Egypt RA chapter by a series of Webinars.
|Title||Files||Lecturer||Time and date GMT||Notes|
|Minesweepers Rules||Minesweepers Organizers||
March 10th 2012 at 16:00
|Mobile Robot Locomotion Systems||Dr. Alaa Khamis||
April 7th 2012, at 16:00
|Buried Mine Detection||Dr. Hisham El-Sherif||
April 17th 2012, at 16:00
|UXO Detection using Machine Vision||Dr. Mohamed Salem||April 23th 2012, at 16:00||Download it|
|Autonomous Robot Navigation||Prof. Dr. Howard Li||April 28th 2012, at 16:00||Download it|
|Wireless Communication||Dr. Ahmed Madian||May 5th 2012, at 16:00||Download it|
|Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) Modeling and Control||Dr. Amr Nagaty||May 12th 2012, at 16:00||Download it|
+ Programmable logical controller PLC course:
RAS SAC Learning Classes are now preparing PLC course with multiple parts, separated by testing exams evaluating students…
|Subject / Automation||Session content|
|Part one||PLC basics|
1. Overview on PLC
2. Getting started with PLC programming software ""Ladder diagrams""
3. Start and stop circuit
4. Latching circuit
5. Rising edge and falling edge circuits"
6. Series and parallel circuit
7. How to use Timers
* On-Delay and Off-Delay circuit
8. How to use Counters
* Up/Down Counters
Examples and applications on the above Topics"
9. High speed counters
* How to configure high speed counters
10. Subroutine programs
11. Real time clock and calendar
12. Analog I/O settings
* Set up Analog using instruction
13. Password protection
Examples and applications on High speed counter and Analog I/O"
|Exam and evaluating||Exam and sheets must be submitted by students to get the accesses of the other sessions|
|Part Two||Advanced PLC|
1. Data handling and comparison
* Move and Compare instructions
2. Math Instructions
* Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide instructions
* 32-bit Data and Floating point math"
3. Advance Math Instructions
* Trig, Exponential and Log functions
4. Data Conversion
* X-Y instruction
* Different converting types"
5. PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative)
* PID Introduction
* Explanation and Application example
|Exam and Evaluation||Exam and sheets must be submitted by students to get the accesses of the other sessions|
1. Modbus communications
* How to set up Modbus RTU master and slave
* Application Example with Radios Transmitters and/or Variable Frequency Drive
2. WindSRV OPC/DDE server software
* How to set up WindSRV
3. Ethernet communications
* How to set up Web Server module"
4. User Communications
* Set up user communications using PC Hyperlink terminal
5. RS485 1:N communications
* How to configure multi PLCs using data link network
Example and Applications on the all part"
Will be advertising webinar of any known marker"
1. Overview of Touchscreen
2. How to write bit data
* Goto Buttons, Bit Buttons and Bit Command
3. How to read bit and word data
* Pilot Lights, Numerical Display, Bar Graphs and Meter Display
4. Data Input, Numerical Keypad and Potentiometers
5. Bitmap files and Animation
6. Trending Graphs
7. Alarms Configurations
8. Password set ups"
Learning classes : Angelos Wafik - angelos_wafik(at)ieee(dot)org
RAS Student Activities Committee Chairperson: Laura Margheri - laura(dot)margheri(at)ieee(dot)org